Based on Dr. Richard Wampler’s novel shuttling pump design concept, OregonHeart is developing a highly effective, reliable, durable (10+ year product life), and cost-efficient Total Artificial Heart System (TAHS) appropriate for both pediatric and adult destination therapy with much improved quality of life outcomes for patients.
- Truly pulsatile rotary pump with no valves, a single moving part, and zero mechanical contact.
- Excellent blood compatibility minimizes blood damage and reduces the risk of thrombosis.
- Adjustable settings allow clinicians to best meet patient-specific physiology.
- Developed with proven, approved materials translating into lower risk and cost.
- Wearable components will be relatively compact and lightweight enabling patient mobility (movement and exercise) similar to Left Ventricular Assist Devices (LVADs) for improved quality of life and medical outcomes.